When I am feeling blue about being away from Crete I have a few ways to make myself feel better.
- I look up flights, hotels, car hire and basically “plan” my next trip even if I don’t know if I can get holiday from work or afford it!
- I will look up the photos I have taken in the past. Unfortunately there are not many of these as I tend to want to enjoy the moment rather than photograph it and also I am a terrible photographer!
- I will go to the groups I belong to on Facebook as there are usually good pictures and stores that remind me of Crete.
- I will write here as it helps me focus and sometimes it takes my mind off my blues.
- I also know of many websites with pictures,tips, local information about Crete.
One of my favourites and one of the reasons for writing here tonight is west-crete.com. It has a “photo of the day” and a large archive of beautiful photos that I can return to as often a I want and I use them to return to Crete for a little while, if only in my mind. I am extremely jealous of the owner of the site as he lives in Crete, is a good photographer and knows Crete in a way I probably never will. I will find my own Crete and will know it well but it will be a different Crete to his.
Must go, I have pictures to look at!